Guys, I just realized that there are only 7 weeks left of my favorite season and I’ve done almost nothing Fall-ish! In Los Angeles where the weather doesn’t change much, you have to sometimes make seasons happen as opposed to letting them happen to you. So, I’ve put together a list of things I’m going to do between now and December 21st. So far, I’ve accomplished one and there’s photographic evidence at the end of the post. Do you have anything you’d add to the list?
1. Make a hearty soup.
2. Make pumpkin muffins.
3. Watch a football game (and actually pay attention) – this time of year, there’s something I love about the sound of a football game on tv, but it’s not something I normally watch – but maybe I could try just this once.
4. Visit a pumpkin patch & petting zoo – DONE & DONE! See below!
5. Warm and comfy date night at home with movies, blankets, and cider!
6. Make some Fall decorations. Make them in time for Thanksgiving.
7. Make homemade apple butter.
8. Make a homemade mulling spice blend and get house smelling yummy!
9. Buy a nice pair of cozy socks or a sweater – wear while watching football game perhaps?
10. Make at least one of the following: pumpkin spice pancakes, berry cobbler, or apple pie.
Here are some photos from when we took Emma to the pumpkin patch a few weeks ago and she picked out her first pumpkin. And she really did pick it out – I kept handing her small pumpkins and she wanted nothing to do with them, and then I gave her one that turned out to be Her Pumpkin and she started smiling and wouldn’t let it go and it was all kinds of adorable.