new year’s eve party 1956, photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt
I hope everyone had happy holidays. I’ve been so busy over here – I had my parents staying with us and my sister and brother-in-law visiting as well. We hosted our 2nd Christmas here at our house. And our first Christmas with a little baby. We found out we’ll be having a baby boy this March. And in the past 2 weeks while all that has been going on, I’ve shot 2 weddings, 1 newborn shoot, and an out-of-town elopement. So, I haven’t had much time to blog (and I couldn’t get to my computer as my office is also our guest room). So with Emma napping at the moment, this is the first chance I’ve really had to reflect on the new year and what my thoughts are for 2015.
I don’t make resolutions, but I wanted to put out there to The Universe a list of things I’m excited about as well as hopes I have for this coming year.
– welcoming our baby boy into the world and figuring out how to be a family of 4 when we’re just barely getting the hang of being a family of 3
– watching Emma continue to grow and learn new things and become a big sister
– re-decorating our bedroom (I’ve already bought everything, now we just need to deal with the flooring and painting and then I can put it all together!!)
– taking our first family trip in a plane (with 2 babies under the age of 2 – scary) across the country to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary on the island where we got married
– getting back in shape and fitting into (fingers crossed) most of my old clothes. I’ve pretty much been pregnant for 2 straight years and it shows. I’m beyond eager to look “normal” again and not be shocked when I see photos of myself. I think about juice cleanses on a daily basis. I also think about sushi.
– continuing to grow this blog and my business
– working on not stressing unnecessarily. I’ve learned this year with Emma that I just can’t get things done when I want anymore – I might be dying to respond to an email or edit some photos, but she might have other plans and I need to be ok with that. My work always gets done – I need to just not freak out on the inside when it’s not exactly when I’d like to be doing it.
– finding healthy ways to unwind and get some alone time. I know some moms who have 1 cigarette at the end of the night or a glass of wine, but since I don’t drink or smoke, I find myself either just stressed or eating lots of desserts – which has never really been my thing. Tonight was actually pretty nice and I’d recommend it – I took a hot bath while eating an ice cream bar and could hear my husband in the next room reading Emma a bedtime story. It was nice, like I said, but ultimately won’t really fit in with my post-pregnancy, post-juice cleanse, back-in-my-old-jeans plans. I’m open to suggestions!
I think that’s all I’ve got. 2015 is going to be a big and exciting year with lots of changes, lots of awesome new clients, and lots to be grateful for.